How to Maintain Healthy Hair
To condition or not to condition, to oil or not to oil.When it comes to your hair you’ll find all kinds of advice.
Mothers’ will tell you to “oil your hair” while your hairdresser will recommend the new IT thing “hair spa, Moroccan oil, strengthening not rebounding and all.”
Before you pick your choice of treatment, here are a few things you must know.
The first step in hair-care is your diet and the two most important things in your diet are iron and protein.
1.Try and include iron-rich foods like leafy vegetables, fish, pumpkin seeds, beans, chickpea, soybeans and cereals in your diet. Doctors suggest that you consume around 12 mg of iron daily.
2.You also need protein because that’s what strengthens your hair. Include complete proteins which are also rich in amino acids: like cheese, milk, soy, lentils, peas, quinoa and yogurt.
How to Maintain Healthy Hair:
1. It’s normal to lose 100 to 150 strands of hair a day so don’t panic when you see a small bunch crawling across your tiled floor.
2. Comb wet hair with extreme care because they’re fragile and prone to breakage. Take a broad toothed comb and run it from the roots to the ends of your hair as gently as possible.
3. Trim your hair every few weeks to get rid of those brown and rough split ends. Cut about 1/4th an inch of your hair every 6 to 8 weeks to avoid the split ends to grow out again.
4. Don’t wash your hair every day and whenever you do, apply some conditioner on the ends. Try and use the same brand of shampoo and conditioner.
5. Rinse the conditioner off with cold water as it is good for both strength and shine.